Basement Flooded, but the Beer is OK!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igorstien

Reaction score
So all of last week, the contractor was in to completely destroy all of the basement and clean up the mess..........GO INSURANCE!!

WATER SUCKS!!!!!

Luckly for me my brews were on shelves and in the fridge (both up off the floor) and nothing got submerged.....WOOHOO!!!

SWMBO is talking about changing things down there so hopefully I will have a better setup to brew in. Unfortunately that will not be for about a month or so.

IGOR

Igorstien said:
So all of last week, the contractor was in to completely destroy all of the basement and clean up the mess..........GO INSURANCE!!

WATER SUCKS!!!!!

Luckly for me my brews were on shelves and in the fridge (both up off the floor) and nothing got submerged.....WOOHOO!!!

SWMBO is talking about changing things down there so hopefully I will have a better setup to brew in. Unfortunately that will not be for about a month or so.

IGOR
That sucks man, but hopefully you'll get a mini brewery set up there now.
Freddytown eh. Did you attend this http://barleyment.wort.ca/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=BSNBB4 held a couple of weeks ago in Freddytown?:mug:

Igorstien said:
...WATER SUCKS!!!!!...IGOR

Yes it certainly does. Katrina brought me 3.5 feet of water INSIDE my house, so I feel your pain. I can still go into my house and see through the walls (gutted up to four feet), but they are working on it slooooooooooowly. Should be back in by July.

Just think, you get to redo things the way you've always wanted them; silver lining you know?

:)

I remember the basement floods in my childhood home. I thought they were cool, dad didn't. Everything important down there was on two-foot platforms, washer/dryer, furnace, etc. I'd love to have a basement, but I'm on a slope and it would have water in it 8 months of the year.

Latest posts

Back