bare essentals for electric biab

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grinder143

Reaction score
i am looking to build an electric brew pot for biab. i would only be interested in brews to keg. I would also like to stay 110V. only so i can do it in the garage. is it possible ?

i am looking to build an electric brew pot for biab. i would only be interested in brews to keg. I would also like to stay 110V. only so i can do it in the garage. is it possible ?
Hi, you bet it's possible! You can go as simple or complicated as you'd like for eBIAB. The only thing I'd really recommend for a 110v system is to make sure to use a 20A circuit with a GFCI for safety. I built mine using a 40qt SS Bayou Classic kettle, a 1500 watt element (and one of Brewhardware's Hotpods,) added a weldless ball valve to drain it, and insulated with reflectix to keep the mash temp somewhat stable. Later, I added a pump to recirculate, a basket instead of a bag, and a few more bells and whistles, but it's still pretty basic. There's lots of information on HBT on eBIAB builds, so keep looking. I posted a picture of mine below. Hope this helps. Ed
:mug:

Rig.jpg

Back