Banks suck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried a different bank? Again, I don't advocate financing a fence, but you have options. Shop around. Might get some different fence quotes too...

Put a post in where he pisses. Let him use it a few times then wrap it with electric fence wire. Buy or borrow a fence charger and make sure you have it on high. Did this to one idiot that wouldn't listen to anyone. He has nothing to do with us any more, something about the charger being set to charge 40 miles and brush wacking.

Banks do suck. I just had to fill out a couple forms for my car. They already had my mailing address and other information on file, but I had to do it again. Pricks.

Aside from that, if your neighbor is pissing on your lawn, why don't you piss on his? Swordfight.

Another possibility if you can't finance a fence, is to buy a few posts and boards each paycheck and spend a Saturday or a few evenings putting up fence. If neighbor keeps doing it after you've talked to him, he doesn't deserve sympathy. Security camera and call the police.

Banks do suck. I just had to fill out a couple forms for my car. They already had my mailing address and other information on file, but I had to do it again. Pricks.

I believe the regulators, not the banks, are responsible for this. Bank-hating is popular these days...don't let a few bad eggs ruin the rest.

TyTanium said:
I believe the regulators, not the banks, are responsible for this. Bank-hating is popular these days...don't let a few bad eggs ruin the rest.

I prefer to believe the media and blame the banks and mortgage companies for all of life's problems. Seems the finger pointing is more narrow that way.

I got another idea.

Get some cheap, flimsy condoms and start drinking. It's important to drink a lot for this. You need to good pressure. Pee in the condoms. Once you've filled a few boxes worth, well, you'll be drunk enough to figure out the rest. Have fun and report back.

I think the thread title should be "My Neighbor sucks" The reply on this first page was correct, consumer protection laws have effed up lending. Everyday the newspapers say how we need to have more lending to get the economy moving, yet the government has put more restricitions than ever on lending. I work at an bank in policy and each time we get a new reg I have to read through it and determine what it means for us. Trust me it's getting way harder to lend. We would love to lend, it beats having to put the excess cash at the Fed and get 0.05% for it. Just wait, mortgages are next, Dodd Frank is introducing the concept of a Quality Mortgage that will make it almost impossible for bankers to lend to anyone with a credit score under 750 for a mortgage. Fun times all around. If you are set on financing a fence at least you are doing it the best way. A personal loan is the way to go on this, don't do a HELOC. Even if you get one, they are becoming increasingly rare, it means you are putting your entire house on the line for $5K. The best way is to save up and do it yourself to save on labor, but if you can't do that, at least don't risk a repossession in the uncertain future over $5K. Personally I'd call the cops on my neighbor. Public urination is a sex crime where I live, his butt would land on a nice little registry.

I hear ya, just last week I pulled up to a ATM, and inserted my card to get some cash. Those b@stards made me enter my PIN!

broadbill said:
I hear ya, just last week I pulled up to a ATM, and inserted my card to get some cash. Those b@stards made me enter my PIN!

The humanity

Back