Baltimore Inner Harbor next weekend...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stblindtiger

Reaction score
My wife, two kids, and I are meeting some friends in Baltimore next weekend. I'm driving us down from Philly, and my wife is driving us back. Does anyone have any ideas on where we should eat?

My kids (both under 3 years old) are used to eating out in restaraunts, but after a long drive down they are going to be a bit restless. I'd also love to be able to just munch on some oysters, mussels, and/or calimari while sipping on some good brews.

Anyone have any suggestions for places to eat/drink in the Inner Harbor?

Thanks!

Try Max's on broadway in fells point... Not far at all from the inner harbor and your kids will be no worse than the weekend night crowd of 21 year olds. Google the place and look at the beer list and menu.
I hope you enjoy the trip!

Theres also a killer hot dog place next to Max's. The mac n cheese dog is SWMBO's favorite. I prefer the fried eggs and bacon dog.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

A popular place for crabs is O'Brycki's, which is east if the inner harbor. Its okay. IMO a crab's a crab, etc. Stay away from a chain restaurant and you probably wont go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

What recipe did you use for the Flanders in your secondary ?

Brewing Classic Styles.... My brother did the same one about 2 years ago and I loved it. He didn't like it. He wasn't a big fan of the Roselare in it.... He didn't think it was sour enough. I'll see how it goes with mine. His was all grain, mine was extract, maybe that will make a difference??? That was my last extract beer prior to going all grain....

I agree with O'Bryki's, although any one of those crab shacks would be good with kids, they dump a whole tub of crabs in front of you Nd give you a good whackin' stick to go at it

For crabs go to LP steamers... Beer selection thumbs down buy the crabs are awesome.

I think I'm sold on Max's. The menu looks perfect, and the beer selection is amazing. I didn't see any of my favorite sours on their draft list, but there were still quite a few good beers on that list that I am very familiar with! I can't believe how many beers they have on tap there?!?!?!?!?!

Plus it is right by a water taxi stop. If i is a nice day, we may use that to go back and forth between the harbor and Fells point.... I think the kids would love that!

There is also an ice cream place not far from there that we were at the last time we down there.... Vaccaros (sp?)? Have you guys ever been there? It was amazing!

Anyway, thanks guys!

We spent the day at Port Discovery with the kids, then headed over to Max's afterwards. I was all excited and looking forward to checking out their draft list. Walked in the front door, and they told us we couldnt' take the kids in.

I was totally bummed out, but we ended up at John Steven's and it probably turned out for the best. Max's was packed with people dressed up as Pirates, and probably would have been a hassle with the kids. While at John Steven's we had the place to ourselves when we first got there. It filled up pretty quick as we were eating, but it definitely worked out better than it would have at Max's.

They had a decent draft list at John Steven's too. Ended up trying a few beers I never heard of, and really liked the Loose Cannon Triple IPA!

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.... maybe we'll be able to check out MAx's next time if we end up down there without the kids.

Back