Ball Lock Jockey Box Beerfest Recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sicktght311

Reaction score
Pouring some beer at my first beer festival at the end of this month, and renting a Dual Tap Stainless Coil Jockey Box from my LHBS. I've got 3 kegs i'm bringing, so i figure i'll pour until 1 of them kicks, and then swap out for keg number 3. 3 different types of beer. Any suggestions or best practices i should follow? This is outdoors, and i'm assuming the temps could be anywhere from the 70s to the upper 80s depending on the weather. From everything i've read so far, heres my mental checklist

1) Keep the kegs as cold as possible in transit. Its a 3 hour drive for me, so i'm planning a rubbermaid tub, with the kegs standing up, surrounded by ice. They will be prechilled and pulled from my keezer that morning (going to attempt to get them down as close to 33 as possible before hand)
2) Fill the Coil Jockey Box with a mixture of ice and water, and keep refilling with ice as i go through the day to keep it cold, not just ice with no water like is typical with a plate.
3) Start with pressure around 20-25psi and test from there until no foam. The longer lines with the coil, requires greater pressure. For 4oz pours, i'm trying to get the pressure right enough where its not flying out, but also not coming out with foam since 5 gallon cornys cant afford a gallon and a half wasted in foam.
4) if possible, keep the kegs chilled in a bucket of ice water covered and wrapped with wet towels. Will aid in keeping the foam down

Anything else? Suggestions?

Back