Balancing fitness with beer drinking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im 38 and a lean 150. I have a purple belt in brazilian jiu jitsu. I compete about once a month and train at least three times a week (BJJ/MMA).
On the days I don't train i drink a couple of beers (no more than three 12oz /average abv beers).
Since I started brewing Ive also been drinking more - and Ive lost weight (was 155-160). I call it the Beer Diet. It works like this :
open your first beer when you arrive home from work and then your next one when you sit down for dinner. I assume its because one eats less after drinking beer but I swear it works.
My wife was sceptical but shes also lost weight on the beer diet as have several freinds of mine.
I know Im sounding like an infomercial but honestly it works.
You're still allowed to binge drink on the weekends but watch the pizza, the sodas and the pub lunches. And no more than three beers Monday to Thursday.
BTW - if you feel you need to get fit but the usual options - gym, running, tennis etc don't appeal consider BJJ. Its huge fun and never too late to start.
Ive never been fitter or stronger.

Im 38 and a lean 150. I have a purple belt in brazilian jiu jitsu. I compete about once a month and train at least three times a week (BJJ/MMA).
On the days I don't train i drink a couple of beers (no more than three 12oz /average abv beers).
Since I started brewing Ive also been drinking more - and Ive lost weight (was 155-160). I call it the Beer Diet. It works like this :
open your first beer when you arrive home from work and then your next one when you sit down for dinner. I assume its because one eats less after drinking beer but I swear it works.
My wife was sceptical but shes also lost weight on the beer diet as have several freinds of mine.
I know Im sounding like an infomercial but honestly it works.
You're still allowed to binge drink on the weekends but watch the pizza, the sodas and the pub lunches. And no more than three beers Monday to Thursday.
BTW - if you feel you need to get fit but the usual options - gym, running, tennis etc don't appeal consider BJJ. Its huge fun and never too late to start.
Ive never been fitter or stronger.

"Beer Diet"... this sounds like wiki material. ;)

Back