Bad taste in first keg..Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerdiver

Reaction score
So, I made a kegerator and it holds 2 cornys. I rinsed my kegs well and filled them, carbonated them a 15 PSI for 1 week. Tapped it today. The first one, a Black Butte Porter clone was OK but very cloudy (wasn't when I racked it in the keg) and the second, an american style ale, tasted like metal, ugh, nasty. Brewed and bottled both of these before and they were great. What is wrong? Do I need to do something to the keg other than clean and rinse? Amd is the Ale salvageable or do I lose the batch?

Thanks

The porter will clear up, just give it time. As far as the funky taste, it's probably your beer lines. Try pouring out a couple of ounces into a plastic cup and then pour from the tap into your glass. I can taste the plastic/metal taste even in the most expensive beer line I've bought. I just keep a couple of plastic cups handy around the keezer....

Latest posts

Back