Bad Start

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finchlake

Reaction score
Got a wine kit for christmas. I've been studeing the wine making proceedure for some time now.

The one point I missed is how do you get the cap off of the bag. I tried everything I had to get that thing off. Finially poked a hole in the plastic bag and tried to pour it in to the carboy. Made a big mess.

How do you get the top off of the concentrate bag?

bag_decap.jpg
You can pick them up at almost all LHBS's.

Yesterday, my husband used a thin screwdriver. he says you just put it up inside the yellow cap and flip it off. But do NOT squeeze the bag when you do it!

I know what you mean. I had a heck of a time getting the cap off mine. I was afraid I'd get juice everywhere. That little tool looks like a need to have item for kit wine making.

I second the screwdriver suggestion. Just jam that baby up between the cap and opening, then pry it off.

Thanks, I will have me one of tools next time.

You cannot cut the bag and pour it. When I tilted the box to pur it in the funnel it can gushing out, over the funnel, on the floor, on my pants, shoes.

First lesson in winemaking.

Latest posts

Back