Backyard Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the 42" Plasma from Samsung. I have to say I am impressed a lot of bang for the buck.

:off:

In case you didn't know this already, all plasmas are the same. There is one GINORMOUS plant in China that produces all plasma screends and the different company's purchase the TV's from there. I know a buyer from Panasonic.

Goodies came in today!
The fridge and freezer will switch places(handles in the center), and have a trimkit that makes them look like one unit.
The table by the char broiler rolls out, so I can put my smoker or a big jambalaya pot and propane burner there, and still be under the vent hood.

StoveGrilltable.jpg

fridgeandfreezer.jpg

barsink.jpg

I honestly don't even know what to say to this other than....

What is your job and how do i get into it?

This is bloody amazing.

Wow... that is some no nonsense appliances going in there. This thread get cooler every time I go through it!

Very, very, impressive.

Thanks guys. It really is a dream come true.
Some people have a boat,or camp, or condo on the beach, or they travel, gamble, or whatever.
We get together with friends and family and cook, and eat, and drink.
so it makes sence that thats where we'd spend our money.
We work hard.
We just celebrated our 25th anniversary. We did not have much money in the early days(none!) This is our reward for the next 25 years.

Some people have a boat,or camp, or condo on the beach, or they travel, gamble, or whatever.
We work hard.
We just celebrated our 25th anniversary. We did not have much money in the early days(none!) This is our reward for the next 25 years.

Congrats! This is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. Subscribed!

You are truly a god among men...

All this time I've been relying on email updates when I could have seen the photos here sooner!

We work hard.

And brew.....:)

I also bought this heavy iron flat grill that sits ontop of 4 burners of the stove for those times you need a griddle. Like bacon and eggs for a big breakfast after a late night party, or fajitas, or.........
When not in use, it comes right off, and stores in the oven or closet.

griddle.jpg

You should have!
I could have given you the tour and we could have had a few homebrews in the process.

Consider this an open invitation to all HBTers. Come on over anytime you're in the area.

i'm from lafayette and will be back home on leave for about a month during february.although i know that really a bad time.it being mardi gras and all

We work hard.

I plan to be saying the exact same thing and be in the exact same position 18 years from now when my wife and I hit out 25th...

Everything looks incredible, keep the updates coming!

Man those are some serious appliances! How will you finish the pecky cypress on the bar top?

Man those are some serious appliances! How will you finish the pecky cypress on the bar top?

We will pour that urathane, or what ever it is on top. My painter is handling that for me.
You will see the pecky cypress, but the top will be smooth and easy to clean.

Damn, Layne, we really need to meet up. It's a shame we live down the road from each other and never can find the same time off to do meet up and do some brewing. I am building a similar project next to my pool as well but NOTHING as elaborate as yours. I am closing my pool pavillion and it has been a SLOW process. I actually have been in your store quite a few times but never catch you there. I did see you there once but you were in a meeting. Anyway, looks fantastic. Look forward to checking it out. Did you decide on a system yet? I didn't read through all 30+ pages of posts here.

I think we need to invent a new word for this.

Main Entry: layne·some
Pronunciation: \ˈlaynė-səm\
Function: adjective
Date: 2010

1 : Superlative expression of awe
2 a : inspiring massive jealousy. b : ultra-terrific, uber-extraordinary <wtflol dude that iz totalee laynesome bro!>

&#8212; layne·some·ly adverb

&#8212; layne·some·ness noun

Smurfe, come by anytime for a tour and a brew.
Gonna be working on floors fri-sat-sun. Getting close!
Nextime you're in my store, let me know. Tell them to come get me, or throw somethong at me. Love to say hello.

Yeah, we gotta get together for a brew. I wanna check out your SABCO before I decide what to buy or build.

TV and surround sound in and on!

BTW, it was awesome watching my Saints kick butt in my cookshack!

tvison.jpg

You running central A/C in there?

You bet!
We're in south louisiana, between the heat, the humidity, and the mosqitos, ya gotta have it.
Heat and AC are in the attic above the kitchen, and the vents blow out over the room, and back to the return air in the ceiling of the kitchen.

airventsandreturn.jpg

Back