Backyard Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have home theater/surround sound , what ever you want to call it, w/ sub,but not boze. Samsung, same as my TV.

Really hoping for Superbowl Sunday. It should mostly be done by then, or at least done enough to whatch the game,cook and eat in!

Sounds great.
That gives you about a month for final touches.
All that work leaved little time for brewing huh?

Nope! :)
Seriously, all I know is my wife and I picked colors off the card, and the painter got the paint from, I think, Sherwin Williams.
Sorry, not much help. I can ask them monday, if you need to know more.
Layne

Sherwin Williams is pricey stuff... My father used to be a professional painter... He said if you ever wanted to make some extra money on a job you bill someone for Sherwin Williams, and use Devoe instead...

Its really shaping up though... I showed this build to my cousin who is a contractor, and he said he would love to do something like that one day...

Just one question though Layne, as I am a little unclear... the area where the kitchen is with the hood system... Will you be brewing indoors there?

Yes, I will brew in there as well as cook.

At the end of the island that houses the stove and grill, there will be a space that is under the vented hood, that has a SS table 36"W x 27"D that will roll out of the way, and then I can roll my fryer,cookshack smoker,boil kettle, or what ever else comes up in the future that requires venting, into.

I have a feeling in the future you will be getting a nice sculpture or something awesome! That would just complete the brewhaus....

If you wouldn't mind. I'm in the tank for having to re-paint a kitchen island and would really be interested to know what the pros use, especially since yours looks to have turned out looking sweet. Thanks much.

This is what was on the Sherwin Williams cans...
Promar 200

That is nice work. I have only seen it that clean a few places. An electricians house that he built, and one on an electrical job I worked a few years back. I was impressed.

Electricians cost too much to expect work like that from them. Again, nice work.

I gather you haven't been on any of the commerical and industrial job sites at local 595 then. We're proud of our work with new construction panels looking like that. This includes 500 and 750 MCM panel feeds, working for the Navy, Berkeley and Livermore Rad Labs this is expected as normal required work practices.

Paint and staining are complete.

kitchenandbar010610.jpg

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz152/laynegautreau/kitchen010610.jpg[/IMG
IMG]http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz152/laynegautreau/wallsandtrimfinished010610.jpg

ceilingpainted.jpg

Are you going to add any display shelves or pegs for personal pints, steins, or drinking glasses of your fellow drinking buddies or honored guests? That would be a neat touch if you could manage it. I doubt any of your friends have a brew pub of their own, and it would be a cool gesture to let them feel like they have a part in it.

You could even make it an informal "house rule" (only actually enforced on guests you'd rather not have) that in order to be served beer you must BYOG (bring your own glass, etc).

Are you going to add any display shelves or pegs for personal pints, steins, or drinking glasses of your fellow drinking buddies or honored guests? That would be a neat touch if you could manage it. I doubt any of your friends have a brew pub of their own, and it would be a cool gesture to let them feel like they have a part in it.

Oh man, a frequent guest Mug Club. Awesome.

I love the idea of 'personal mugs'.
That's definayely gonna happen, at leastt for a few

Congrats man. That thing is awesome and brings the level up several notches from what I think anyone expected. I hope you and your wife enjoy it for many years.

I love the idea of 'personal mugs'.
That's definayely gonna happen, at leastt for a few

Its interesting, there is a brew pub/restaurant in the Berkshires in MA that has a whole rack of beer mugs that are from locals and people who frequent the restaurant.... That would be a great idea!

At the Sierra Nevada taproom they have a few shelves behind the bar for "club member" steins. They used to allow people to buy their own stein and keep it behind the bar...and fill it up for $3. The "club" is now closed, so no new steins are accepted but my coworker still has one there. Anyone that has one behind the bar still gets the deal. I'd have to become a regular at any good brew pub that offered a similar deal and had some quality brew on tap.

A similar idea would be to offer a club membership for $25-50 a year, which would get you a good discount on beer - you provide the stein/mug/glass. This would generate a nice chunk of change up front, and be a cool way to take care of your regulars. If pints are normally $2, let someone fill up a 24oz stein for $3.

I am president,chief cook and bottle washer for a smallbusiness. Retail sales.

Kind of off topic, but hey.
A local pub here:
http://www.kemoopub.com/
Has what they call the "mug club", 99 mugs.
Price discounts on drinks, IE: $2.50 domestics, $3 all others.
They also have bi-weekly drawings for cash, if no one wins, the bar buys a round.
If someone wins, they buy a round from the winnings.
The bar adds $25 each drawing if no one wins.
People buy and sell their mugs at auction, I bought mine for $120, lately they have been selling for $500-$550.
Pretty much the best investment I have made with what I have saved and won.

So are you ever going to consider this project "done"?

Kind of off topic, but hey.
A local pub here:
http://www.kemoopub.com/
Has what they call the "mug club", 99 mugs.
Price discounts on drinks, IE: $2.50 domestics, $3 all others.
They also have bi-weekly drawings for cash, if no one wins, the bar buys a round.
If someone wins, they buy a round from the winnings.
The bar adds $25 each drawing if no one wins.
People buy and sell their mugs at auction, I bought mine for $120, lately they have been selling for $500-$550.
Pretty much the best investment I have made with what I have saved and won.

So are you ever going to consider this project "done"?

I have had several beers in the Kemoo Pub. I was stationed right across the road from it for 3 years. They had one of the largest selections of bottled beer I have seen. Once, I took a visiting Australian Master Sgt. there to try a bunch of different beers. After about 6 or 7, he settled on Miller Genuine Draft. I was crestfallen.
Great little bar. (I also liked Jarron's in Kailua)

Hogbranch, when ya comin check it out? It's getting close.

TV and surround sound going in today.
Sinks,stove,grill,refrigerator,freezer, ect going in tomorrow.
Stained floor get cleaned and sealed this weekend.
It's really starting to look like a finished project!

Back