Backyard Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks Awesome!

You spent all that payola and you are not putting Lutron dimmers in? Toss those cheapie switches in the trash and automate that place man! Add in programmable shades and ceiling fans!

Nah, go with a whole Crestron automation system. Lights, shades, climate control, TV's. You can even control your pool with it!

Nah, go with a whole Crestron automation system. Lights, shades, climate control, TV's. You can even control your pool with it!
As long as you know someone that can program it all - like myself :D - otherwise you're paying an arm and a leg not only for the equipment but for the programming.

Crestron is fantastic stuff... if you can justify crestron/lutron lighting switches (RS232 connectivity, IR or Cat5/6) it's the greatest stuff out there.

Looks great!

As long as you know someone that can program it all - like myself :D - otherwise you're paying an arm and a leg not only for the equipment but for the programming.

Crestron is fantastic stuff... if you can justify crestron/lutron lighting switches (RS232 connectivity, IR or Cat5/6) it's the greatest stuff out there.

Looks great!

sounds like you volunteered to fly out and wire it up!

I do all the Crestron programming where I work. I'm actually posting this from the airport on my way to another Crestron training. Certification is a little closer...

I do all the Crestron programming where I work. I'm actually posting this from the airport on my way to another Crestron training. Certification is a little closer...

Which Certs do you have? I got the first 2 while I worked in AV. Have you ever been to their HQ in Jersey? The cookies are amazing...!

This is my DeKoninck Clone on my new bar. :)

DeKoninckcloneonbar.jpg
[/IMG]

This is the box that will hold the Stainless steel hood and filter system.
That trailer full of Cypress is just about gone!

filterbox.jpg
[/IMG]

wow... you putting your brewing set up in there right? Thats going to look amazing when its all done...

Who votes for unofficial HBT forum party/team building strategy party at this place when its done?

I am partial to Lutron... I don't like Crestron controls.

Microsoft is to Crestron as Apple is to Lutron.

This is my DeKoninck Clone on my new bar. :)

DeKoninckcloneonbar.jpg
[/IMG]

Layne, that looks wonderful.
Is the aging having any effect on the taste?

I was explaining to the SWMBO the directions to the Cypress Tiger Tavern which is very near her brother's.
Primarily so she can drive me home!!!

The sample taste was pretty good, but not so impressed right now. I hope aging will help.

You need to come take a ride and check it out in person.

I may try to ride by Sunday sometime if thats cool.
Hopefully we can hoist a homebrew to celebrate the Saints beating the Cowgirls!!
Make sure you padlock that fridge full of Belgians......

Sunday after lunch would be cool. We go to church sunday morning.
We'll definately raise a homebrew to the saints, and you're welcome to drink anything from the Belgian collection also.
Just gimme a buzz 715-3083

Holy cow that is SWEET! Very jealous, can't wait to see it all come together w/ paint & stain. I'm sure you will build many wonderful memories there (and hopefully many wonderful beers!).

Cheers.

I hate you today, Layne...

Just want to put that out there. You and your tiki-cypress bar poolside with gorgeous wood... Us with 5 inches of snow, 30F, and about 6 more inches on the way... I am missing a smoked meat (FOOD!!!) party with beer tonight...

Great work though!!! Love this thread for "escaping".

Ya know, if so many of us are going to have to live vicariously through you, you might as well post pics of your wife and your car so we can complete the experience. ;)

panel.jpg
[/IMG]

That's either OCD or someone's got too much time on his hands.

That has got to be the neatest electrical panel I've ever seen. I wished mine looked like that.

I run an electrical contracting company, and THAT is the cleanest panel I have ever seen! Well done.:rockin:

I run an electrical contracting company, and THAT is the cleanest panel I have ever seen! Well done.:rockin:

That is nice work. I have only seen it that clean a few places. An electricians house that he built, and one on an electrical job I worked a few years back. I was impressed.

Electricians cost too much to expect work like that from them. Again, nice work.

Electricians cost too much to expect work like that from them.

As we say, "you get what you pay for."

While it is neat and perfect (really), it would be called on inspection for zip-tying multiple load wires (in our region).

Back to the point: great work.
How about adding solar PV and hydro?
Switch those old school 6" cans to 4"
Change those old school outlets/switches to "Diva" style outlets and dimmers?

As we say, "you get what you pay for."

While it is neat and perfect (really), it would be called on inspection for zip-tying multiple load wires (in our region).

Back to the point: great work.
How about adding solar PV and hydro?
Switch those old school 6" cans to 4"
Change those old school outlets/switches to "Diva" style outlets and dimmers?

Hyrdroponics?? :eek:

WOW, you guys have gone over my head :)

Staining the beams and wood today, and start painting tomorrow.

stainingbeams.jpg

Layne,

If it is not too late (ie - the exterior/interior walls in-place), stub out a 3/4 conduit from the panel to the roof for solar PV. Remember, there is quite a few tax credits (Federal 30% of GROSS cost, and your State rebates).

The Hydro, errr, I mean thermal solar will most likely take 1 to 1 1/2" PVC, which may be hard to conceal in the walls.

Oh ya, don't forget the Audio/Visual (A/V) lines run. Make sure you have your speaker wires, cable, ethernet, and HDMI/component cables installed!

Speaker wires,surround,HDMI cables inplace. Internet is wireless.
That roof would be a great place to put solar pool warmer. :)

DAYMN! I am off of HBT for a while and i come back to find this! Truly Awesome! I say GOOD JOB to you sir.

SD

Nope! :)
Seriously, all I know is my wife and I picked colors off the card, and the painter got the paint from, I think, Sherwin Williams.
Sorry, not much help. I can ask them monday, if you need to know more.
Layne

If you wouldn't mind. I'm in the tank for having to re-paint a kitchen island and would really be interested to know what the pros use, especially since yours looks to have turned out looking sweet. Thanks much.

Back