B-Nektar Necro Clone Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripleD

Reaction score
I have fallen in love with the Necro mead from B-Nektar. I had been drinking their Zombie Killer for months but finally tried the Necro last weekend and it is AMAZING!! My wife, who hardly ever drinks, wants me to make a batch. I have made 20 batches of ales and ciders but have never attempted a mead.
I have 5 pounds of Florida Honey Blossom honey on hand (I had decided to try a mead before I tried the Necro).
Has anyone succesfully cloned this yet? If so, can you please share your recipe? At 7$ a bottle, I am going to have to get a second job to keep the fridge stocked.

The B. Nektar series are why I started making mead as well. My first batch was a learning experience for how to make a mead, and ended up being *how not to mess it up next time.*

Anyway, my second batch was done with cherries and is currently being carbed to sparkling (6 volumes by backsweetening with honey). Once it’s done I’ll try it and report back. However, from the sample I had before bottling, I can already tell I didn’t use the right type of honey and yeast. So I can tell you not to use clover honey or champagne yeast in your attempt.

The B. Nektar series are why I started making mead as well. My first batch was a learning experience for how to make a mead, and ended up being *how not to mess it up next time.*

Anyway, my second batch was done with cherries and is currently being carbed to sparkling (6 volumes by backsweetening with honey). Once it’s done I’ll try it and report back. However, from the sample I had before bottling, I can already tell I didn’t use the right type of honey and yeast. So I can tell you not to use clover honey or champagne yeast in your attempt.

Good Info. Thanks.

Back