Average age of home brewers......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Average age of home brewers....Poll

• Total voters
My chronological age is 62.
Been brewing since 2008, more seriously since 2013.

I brew 10-15 batches (5.5 gallons) a year. Some of those are for events and fundraisers where my club participates.

31 here and brew mostly 10 gallon batches about once per month. Have a lot of coworkers, friends, and family that I share plenty with.

Please guys, tell me that you all have a lot of friends to share with, otherwise it would look like the majority of this forum has serious drinking issues :D
I supply a lot to private parties and other opportunities.

I'm 69. It seems that I brew 5 gallons about every 2-3 years. Would like to increase that to doing that maybe once a month.My wife might object to a large number of drunks hanging around though.

30 been doing it for 5 years and i also do about 5 gallons every 3-5 weeks apart depending on the time of year

I'm 40 and brew at least once a week, anywhere from 5 to 15 gallon batches. Yes, most of that is shared with friends!

43 been brewing for over 10 years, seriously about 5 years. Have a 3 year old and 2 year old twins so brew days sporadic.

27, brewing for 8 years. Some years more some less. Last year and this year so far no less than once a month and at most 3 times.

Almost 50 and have been brewing for ~25 years. About 1, 3 gallon batch a month, give or take.

I won't tell you my age, but when I first started brewing, I would offer a sacrifice to the God Dionysus for a good batch. Sometimes my pal Eratosthenes would stop over for a pint. Homer loved my Rye IPA and would get pretty hammered when he wasn't busy writing. Pericles was a happy drunk but talked too much......

27, brewing for 5 years. I usually do 2 batches a month at 10 gallons each but it fluctuates.

I won't tell you my age, but when I first started brewing, I would offer a sacrifice to the God Dionysus for a good batch. Sometimes my pal Eratosthenes would stop over for a pint. Homer loved my Rye IPA and would get pretty hammered when he wasn't busy writing. Pericles was a happy drunk but talked too much......

Yeah, we had a hell of a weekend didn’t we?

I'm 24, I've been brewing since I was 19 (18 is the legal drinking age in Alberta, Canada). I actually started out because my parents bought me a Mr. Beer kit. Made some half decent beer and ended up taking some of it to my college with me to share with friends.

Brewed off and on with some pretty janky setups. I totally stopped when I started working shift work (4/2 schedule is KILLER) I'm now home with my 4 month old boy so I have some extra time. Been brewing again for a couple of months now, got two 5 gallon carboys and am alternating batches. I just bottled some traditional ale last week and I got some cerveza and chocolate espresso stout brewing now.

Turning 65 next week, I have 107 batches so about .9 per month. Not including about 15 wines and one cider. Pace slowed down over the years, to a trickle when sprucing a house up for sale, and now picking up again.

63 in three days - brewing since '92. Too many 5 or ten gallon batches to remember. 80 gallons a year with a large yeast bank...

The scrappy is 43. Brew idk 10 or 12 times a year or so, 10g batches, maybe 5, plus cider now.( Daddy's juice is legit see recipe). I brew more sometimes than others. I don't like brewing and never have but I love to drink beer. I know some of you love to brew, for me it's just another chore. I brew as fast as reasonable and clock in at about 3 hours with 45 min mash and boils. Its physical and as I get older I am taking more time if I am going to be around anyways. Brewing in under 3 hours completely manually is physical and I enjoy a more relaxed brew day. Brewing idk maybe 10 or 11 years.

Turning 65 next week, I have 107 batches so about .9 per month. Not including about 15 wines and one cider. Pace slowed down over the years, to a trickle when sprucing a house up for sale, and now picking up again.

63 in three days - brewing since '92. Too many 5 or ten gallon batches to remember. 80 gallons a year with a large yeast bank...

Geezers and Keezers ---

62 here -- brewing 3 years -- 34 x 5 gal batches complete

63 and when I brewed 5g batches it was every other week for sure. I started brewing 10g batches about 13 years back and brewed once every 3 weeks. Then I started mixing it up and doing experimental brews. I bought 2 freezers and converted them into ferment chambers so I could do lagers. Plus if not needed for fermentation they make great places to store kegs of beer just waiting for the tap. Now I brew when I want but generally it's a 10g batch every third weekend. Sometimes I put in a brew day because I have nothing going on and want to try a new recipe, but those are most often 5g batches.

I turn 38 at the end of the month but I have been brewing for ten years this July.

I've brewed at different velocities throughout that period. Sometimes I brewed two or three times a month but more recently I may not even brew once a month. It's not that I don't want to brew more often but I have an ever growing backlog of beer in the house to drink. Slowing the pace of brewing is necessary to drink through what I already have.

I turn 38 at the end of the month but I have been brewing for ten years this July.

I've brewed at different velocities throughout that period. Sometimes I brewed two or three times a month but more recently I may not even brew once a month. It's not that I don't want to brew more often but I have an ever growing backlog of beer in the house to drink. Slowing the pace of brewing is necessary to drink through what I already have.

Just throw a party or a BBQ. That always lowers my reserves....

Back