Automating Gas Valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Namako

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm "enhancing" my existing brew stand by adding a couple of Honeywell Continuous Pilot Combination Gas Valves (VR8200), which will be controlled by two Omega CN9000 temperature controllers working the 24V transformers on and off. I got the valves a couple of weeks ago, and now I'm looking to see how to mount them to the stand - my stand is wooden; made of 2x4's.

No mounting brackets came with the valve, and I don't see any obvious mounting points on the valve. All I can figure to do is to mount it by using some brackets to hold the pipe to the wood, and let the valve just "hang" on the pipe.

Has anyone else figured a different way to secure the valve to their stand?

The valves are light and the pipe is all you need to support them.
P1010729.jpg

I figured that would likely work... I'm just paranoid around LPG... to many horror movies maybe ;)

I was worried that continuous pressure on the valve (pushing and holding the pilot light button) might stress the valve-pipe connection.

Thanks for the pic!! :)

BTW, I don't see a sediment trap... is that just for natural gas? It would seem that LPG would not likely carry sediment with it, but the instructions didn't state this explicitly.

Thanks again!

There is a screen filter in the inlet of the gas valve. Beyond that nothing is required. Propane does contain some oil but it doesn't seem to affect anything.
Stop watching horror movies about propane. Want to see real horror? Watch American nightly news about American politics.

There is a screen filter in the inlet of the gas valve. Beyond that nothing is required. Propane does contain some oil but it doesn't seem to affect anything.
Stop watching horror movies about propane. Want to see real horror? Watch American nightly news about American politics.
True dat!! (regarding politics!)

I'll double check to see if I have a screen in the inlet. If so, I'll dispense with the trap.

Back