Automated propane starter issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewingdawg

Reaction score
Hey! I bought this system used and love it except I can never get the automated starter on the hlt to work. You push in the pilot light to start it, but then when you switch it to on, the pilot light goes out. I am pretty sure it is a programming and/or safety thing. It might just be an order of operations thing on my end too. I’ve gotten it to work, it is still just all a crap shoot. Any help would be greatly appreciated! It’s a more beer brew built system, I can’t find a manual online. Thanks!
image.jpg
image.jpg

I would expect there is some kind of flame sensor for the pilot that isn't functioning.
Perhaps the sensor isn't in the flame or the sensor died?

Cheers!

Hi-

I had an older Morebeer system. From what I recall, the HLT burner (only automated one I believe?!?) is tied into a float switch on the HLT so it doesn't scorch a dry kettle. IIRC, it would try to light the pilot momentarily and fail and then I would recall that the HLT float switch was the culprit. Hope this helps. Nice system, I miss mine!

:mug:

EDIT: Mine didn't have that killer display, I see the HLT float switch is showing it's up, so not sure if I can help beyond that!

Back