Auber DIY Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of DIY kit would you be interested in?

• Simple single vessel control

• BIAB with simple options

• BIAB with timers and alarms

• RIMS with simple options

• RIMS with timers, alarms and more complex features

• Simple HERMS

• HERMS with timers, amp meters, alarms, etc.

• None of these. (If you can leave a comment with another option)

Results are only viewable after voting.

highland_brewer

Short Circuited Brewers
Reaction score
Hey everyone I am looking for some feedback.

Auber has a couple of kits for DIYer's. Has anyone looked at these? What type of feedback can you give me on the designs features etc?

I am going to attach a poll to the thread, if you don't mind give me some feedback on the types of design you are interested in.

I am working on my E-Brewing series and want to bring more content, from parts to completed panel etc. I had considered doing patreon or other options to pay for the necessary parts etc. to bring that content to those in need. I really would prefer to provide the videos for free and the info obtained from this poll/thread will help me in bringing that content to the web.

Thanks in advance.
Brian
Short Circuited Brewers.

Just trying to be clear here. You are asking people to vote on the system they are most interested in, so you can buy the parts needed to produce videos for the people who want to see them?

2 fold actually. Auber is asking me about helping them design some new kits, and also wanting to find out what the demand is to be able to suggest a direction for new kit ideas. Also want to do a wiring video on the most popular.

Rims Im guessing will be popular as its the cheaper an simplest of the two.

Interestingly enough out of 17 votes 23% are saying Brew in a bag with timers and buzzers or alarms. Hopefully we can get some more people to vote I would really like to try to suggest the most helpful option to auber for kits

BUYER BEWARE

Auber is a crooked thieving company. Worst experience ever with them. Wouldn't buy anything from them again and suggest others stay away.

BUYER BEWARE

BUYER BEWARE

Auber is a crooked thieving company. Worst experience ever with them. Wouldn't buy anything from them again and suggest others stay away.

BUYER BEWARE

Could you give a little more details?

I ordered a few times from Auber. Fast shipping, good quality, nice customer service contact.

Short version is i ordered all my parts, including a custom cut enclosure from them. The issue was with the enclosure. Several of the holes were in the wrong spot by a visually noticeable amount (plus AND minus 1/4" error from center), and several were outright the wrong size so the components didn't fit. When i asked for them to replace it they said they would not. Then they proceeded to tell me how i hurt the feelings of the guy who cut it (not sure why he was even part of the conversation anyways) and they would no longer communicate with me because i didn't show them enough respect (all i asked for was to get what i ordered and paid for). After several days of e-mails trying to resolve the issue i called them and talked to a woman, who got irate with me and hung up on me.

It finally took a CC dispute for the >$800 in order to get them to come to agreement, which even then was not to my satisfaction. I ended up having to spend more than a hundred dollars more, plus my time, to fix their mistakes, and i still have the enclosure with misaligned holes.

Don't do business with them.

I'm going to stay out of this since its about to go off topic but in general, Any company will have a mix of customer service reviews... The more they charge over their cost the more generous they can generally be with refunds and customer service.. The most reasonable vendor is the one trying to balance both ends and be reasonable with price and customer service... auberins SHOULD have fantastic customer service...

I ordered the enclosure without the cut holes because I didn't want to run into that problem.

I would have preferred to do it myself too but ultimately the cost of all the tools to cut the enclosure was several times more expensive than paying them to do it. The tools also have little value aside from cutting enclosures, which is something I don't do often, so i didn't have any interest in having the tools.

They advertised and sold a service to me that they did not perform well, and not only would they not stand behind it, but they were defiant and disrespectful to me about it in a way I've never experienced before.

Only tools you need is a drill and hole saw set and jig saw. They are fairly standard tools. Some say you need a chassis or conduit punch but it's not the case

The hole saw sets (or individual sizes) can get spendy, especially if you have a variety of sizes or need larger bits. At the time i didn't own a jigsaw either. When i added it all up, it was hundreds and hundreds to get it all.

Since then I've adopted a new philosophy about tools - If i need it once, i buy it. If it's a power tool I don't buy anything less than DEWALT. Life's too short to use cheap power tools. For non-power tools i don't buy the cheap stuff either. No harbor freight stuff for me.

But back on topic, Auber is a trash company. F*** them.

On topic- For me I'm not that bothered which kit you were to put together. I'm more interested in watching a complete circuit being put together. From power in, all the way to the element and the corresponding wiring to the controller and in turn to switches and to the LED lights.

Being able to visually see that kind of process put together will translate well to any design someone is putting together.

I currently have 2 projects on the go, one a 120 RIMS tube and controller for my on-the-go rig and then a much more complex system to power 4 elements from 2x50 circuits with full BCS control.

Off Topic - My customer experience with Auber has been great.

Okay so back on topic the thread was not meant to discuss the customer service of any set company or abilities to produce any particular item. My goal is simply to provide people on the internet with a resource to be able to do their own projects with a certain level of confidence that they feel that they can complete it all the feedback is appreciated but I do appreciate if we stay on topic. Again my goal is to be able to provide content for those people that want it without having to charge them anything for it.

Looking for the poll? And I really enjoy what your doing for the Homebrew hobby ! [emoji106]🏽

Back