Assh*les Stole my radio!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
This morning I went outside to start my car so it would warm up before I drove to work......guess what? Some ****** bag decided it would be a great idea to break my driver side window and steal my radio...

Nope, insurance won't cover it bc I have the super-bare-bones-broke-ass-post-college-kid-insurance policy.

So I say F it, I'm calling into work and brewing while I wait for the glass guys to show up between 12-5.

BTW, nothing like this has ever happened to me and I'm kinda freakin' out :(

That sucks. What is this 1990. I thought that went out with parachute pants. I feel your pain I went without a radio in the vehicle for a while.

lots of guys here at work leave there cars open for that same reason... it s*cks. Last mothers day our suburban got broken into while we were eating , they stole everything including my son's milk bottles , carrier, kleenex holder, stroller, diaper bag, etc. 2500 dollars worth of stuff. It was covered under my house insurance. It kinda sucked cus i had just upped my deductible to $1000, so i only recovered $1500, you never really get over it. In parking lots I am always on the lookout just to catch someone doing it to someone else...

Sucks big time. Where did you park it?

On the bright side, it's time to stock up on malt at low low prices.

Yup. Had a few radio's stolen. Once the door was even left unlocked. They still broke the window.

Saddest part is these days the glass is worth more than the radio. Anymore I just go with the stock POS radio's.

I assume you went with an aftermarket radio? I always keep the stock radio for this exact reason. My $750 Eclipse radio was stolen out of my car a few years back, and it was the last aftermarket stereo I've used. Now I just use line converters and can still get competition level sound out of the Toyota radios...

The radio was aftermarket but I bought it with the car....it has (had) one of those removable face plates and I'm kicking myself for not taking it off at night.....

I was parked in our driveway next to SWMBO's 2000 4 Runner....I guess they didn't mess with her's bc it has an alarm....

that sucks. a friend of mine has had his little piece of **** car broken into four or five times. he doesn't have a radio in it anymore.

I had my car broken into once. The ******* didn't know how to get my radio out so he just stole my faceplate. What a *****ie! He doesn't get to listen to the radio, I don't get ot listen to the radio. We both loose. I could barbeque his nuts for that. :(

it's an '94 and it froze last night

btw Ed, I'm pretty sure this is going to use up my malt money :(

that sucks man. no matter how hard you work for something some ****** nozzle always wants to more than you do . . .

I had a few radios stolen. thats why i leave the doors unlockd. my side window of my mazda is 300 bucks. I get a radio off of ebay. look for the same brand if they left the wiring just plug the thing in & go. It ususally kids who steal that stuff or crack heads. Also try to find a radio that needs a code if unplug from the constant 12v source.

happens man, sucks but it happens. when i was in school i decided to go out and take a drive on 9/11 while most of my suit mates waited to her from family down in the city. not only was my $3000 stereo gone, but so was my car! got some of the car back a week later, let the DMV auction it off for the remaining good parts.

What's the point of having a faceplate radio if you don't take the faceplate out when you leave it? I've seen many radios on ebay without faceplates, and many faceplates without radios. Makes me think that thieves are selling the radios, and victims are selling their faceplates.

Install a motion activated floodlight that covers that area. Get a car alarm. Set up a camera, even a webcam & record it to your 'puter. Install a fake security camera in an OBVIOUS location that looks like it's watching that area. Park inside the fence & get a big, nasty dog. It sucks & I hope you don't have any more problems like that. Regards, GF.

I had my entire car stolen a couple of years ago.

It was recovered a mile from my house. Missing some wiring, radiator, stereo, amp, speakers.

$3500 loss, for maybe $50 worth of stuff. Including the copper scrap for the wiring. The stereo and components were over 12 years old. ****ing meth addicts.

Back