Are these yeast rafts on my Belgian Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyle

Reaction score
As I continue to learn new things from my fellow home brewers I had a question that I was hoping some of you may answer. Here is the picture of my Belgian Ale that just finished. I racked from under the floating debris and it tastes pretty good for just finishing.

I was wondering if what I you see in the photo is simply yeast rafts from the high Krausen. The Krausen lasted for 4 solid days and started off quickly. This is the first time I've rehydrated my yeast as it was called for by the yeast manufacturer. I was careful to heat the water to boiling and wait for it to lower to the correct temperature, etc.

Just want to make certain that this isn't any kind of infection so I can make sure that my process wasn't faulty. :drunk:

Thanks everyone. :rockin:

11700694_10205621600316870_4837832367296967191_o.jpg

Thanks you two. I thought that might be the case but wanted to get some other more experienced opinions. I appreciate the confirmations. :D

Looks a lot like my Biere de Garde, although I don't have a lot of experience myself. But I suspect if it tastes good, it's not infected.

Back