Apple Wine body

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tCan

Reaction score
how light would a 12% apple wine be if you aged it with no additives for say 2-3 months?

I've done a few gallons of Apfelwein at 11% and it's been fine.

The Edwarts Apfelwein thread is giant, and it's like looking for a needle in a haystack, so the simple answer is, you'll be alright.

Dicky

The 12% apples wines I've done take longer than 2 to 3 months. 5 months to bottle and they really get good at 8 months or so.

I only asked because my friend definitely broke into the bottle and then filled it back up with water.... I wasn't sure at first, but now I am.

Ahh, in that case, there is one simple solution.

Take your friend to the supermarket, pick up some more apple juice, get him to pay for it, and start again. :)

How much water are you talking about?

Dicky

I love apple wine, dry or sweet. Mine have good body but I have always used fresh cider. My first apple juice one is just 2 months old and going to get its second racking this week. I wanted to see if it made any difference using bottled apple juice instead of cider. I know it is only called cider in the states but that is the way I was raised lol.

Ahh, in that case, there is one simple solution.

Take your friend to the supermarket, pick up some more apple juice, get him to pay for it, and start again. :)

How much water are you talking about?

Dicky

It probably went from high in the 11% ABV to 3% ABV at most. And it was bottled in a 40 oz.

Back