Anyone's SWMBO have major issues with the smell of brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel sorry for most of you. Not only did my wife buy my mill, she encourages me to brew anytime I want. She also also loves the smell of the uncrushed grains, the milled grains, the mash and the boil. I brew outside and she misses the smell from when I when I first started and brewed inside. I toasted grains for an upcoming ESB last week and she loved the way it made the house smell. I guess I am just lucky.

Same here. I brewed last night, and my wife was all over the crushed grains, the mash and the wort. She can't believe anyone wouldn't like those aromas. Oh, and I can pretty much brew whenever I want to as well. :mug:

I'm one of the lucky ones. She has not only supported my brewing from day 1 (granted, she has never wanted to help on brew day), but when we were searching for a new house, she made sure that we had a good space in the basement to built an electric rig. She loves brew days because of all of the house smells and is eager to taste the beer through the entire process.

Now the only trade off is that she is into Pole Fitness (not stripping), and 'if she has to deal with my brew days, I have to deal with her pole jams.' Oh darn, 3-5 women in shorts and sports bras doing acrobatics in my living room.. rough life huh?

My wife doesn't mind the mash so much as the hops.

We have a fairly small place and to be honest, if I brewed inside it would be a bit overpowering in terms of smell.

So I brew on my patio. Which sucks now because it rains every freaking day and it's 90something with 100% humidity.

the things we do for love/beer.

I can't imagine why anybody wouldn't LOVE that smell. My SWMBO has a thing for bread, so she really likes the smell of mash.

Swmbo hates the smell of brewing. Still brew inside on the stove, but usually will brew when she's working or late at night when she's asleep as a courtesy. Funny thing is, she's the one that bought me my startup kit!

Swmbo hates the smell of brewing. Still brew inside on the stove, but usually will brew when she's working or late at night when she's asleep as a courtesy. Funny thing is, she's the one that bought me my startup kit!

Lmao she probably rues the day she did that eh!

Back