Anyone want to comment on my giant head?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukeredhair

Reaction score
So,
I brewed this stout about a 1 1/2 years ago. I cracked a bottle today since the weather is turning colder and upon pouring I was met with this.(First attached image)

That was with my usual pouring method (not gentle) so I thought I'd pour gently into another glass. I ended up with this...(second attached image)

There weren't any bottle bombs and it tastes great. The head lasts forever and laces beautifully. The beer certainly doesn't taste over carbonated. Any thoughts? I am at a total loss. Should I just crack a bottle 1/2 hour before I want to drink it next time? Would that even help?

POstingversionofsuperhead.jpg

Postingversionof3carb.jpg

Do you have any idea how much priming sugar you added when you bottled? Looks like a bit much. At what temperature are you serving?

By the way, your post title is one that leads to many crazy comments. "My giant head"

1) Stop stiring your beer with it.
2) Give them 1-2 weeks in the fridge,it'll balance out the carbonation. Trust me,my APA/IPA recipe does this with the right priming amount & everything. Hops also play a role in good head as well,however.

I think I put 5/8 a cup of table sugar in there which I am pretty sure was the correct amount of priming solution, I lost this bit of info on a crashed hard drive. Now that I think about it, this bottle was only in the fridge a few days before opening. I'll try leaving it in the fridge longer before opening to see if that changes anything. Thanks for the thoughts.

Back