Anyone Using the GE 5.0 cu feet Chest Freezer FCM5SHWW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffm33

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
And is this model (FCM5SHWW) the replacement for the FCM5SUWW?

I just bought it ($199 delivered) from Home Depot and it's being delivered next week. Want to be sure it will work as a fermentation chamber. I am only going to be fermenting 1 Ale Pail at a time so I have to imagine any 5 cu foot chest freezer would work. Just wanted to be sure though.

I'm using a the GE 7.0cuft for my fermentation chamber. I've got two 5-Gal carboys in there with plenty of room left over. I was actually thinking a 5.0cuft version might just be big enough to get two carboys.

I have used the GE FCM5SUWW for a couple of years as a fermentation chamber with no issues. Easily holds one 5 gal batch pail or carboy. The FCM5SHWW looks the same, it likely is just a later model. I use a Johnson A419 controller to control the temp. Since I live in Houston, TX I have never had to worry about rigging up any kind of heater for it.

Latest posts

Back