Anyone using a LOVE thermostat in water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylo_k2008

Reaction score
I have a Love Thermastat and I am wondering if I can place it in water or if it will ruin it?

Just asking because I currently have it hanging in my kegorator and the reading isn't working to well. Currently the bottom of my kegorator is at 36 degrees according to the love thermostat probe. Which is currently what I have it set at. The top part of my kegorator (by the faucets) are closer to 45 degrees. And my beer is coming out at over 50 degrees. I just bought a new fan today to help push the air around a little better, but I still feel like I am getting air readings instead of liquid readings.

So my question, has anyone used the love thermostat in water and if so what is the best way to do it? Obviously I have read other threads about people doing this, I just haven't seen anything with the love thermostat.

I know it doesn't answer the primary question, but you most likely fixed your temperature stratification by putting in the fan. Mine had about a ten deg. differential between top and bottom before the fan.

Back