Anyone knows this sanitizer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SophieMC

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413299847.568228.jpg is it good? Or shall I go straight to Star-san? It came with mu advanced brew kit so... Maybe is not the best! :-/

That is not a sanitizer. That is a cleanser.

It is similar to one-step, c-brite, etc.

OxyClean or PBW works as well or better and costs less.

Keep in mind, that is a cleanser, you'll need to rinse it off and sanitize with a sanitizer.

I've used it before (as a cleaner) and it works fine. But as mentioned you can probably find cheaper options. I will second Gameface's recommendation of following up with a true sanitizer such as StarSan.

You can *probably* get away with using just the B-Brite (I did when I first started because I didn't know better, and I never had an infection), but as it is more of a cleaner than a sanitizer, I wouldn't recommend that practice.

Keep in mind, that is a cleanser, you'll need to rinse it off and sanitize with a sanitizer.

What he said^^^^

Thanks!! ;) And is it good or should I better get another and toss it off?

It's ok, much better than nothing, a little better than dish soap, not as good as homemade pbw (oxy clean free 2:1 with TSP-90), and nowhere near as good as real PBW.

However, it's much cheaper than PBW (and recursively back through the rest of my previous list)

Ok thanks a lot to everybody! One last thing... I think this might be expired! Is it possible? And what would happen in that case?

Ok thanks a lot to everybody! One last thing... I think this might be expired! Is it possible? And what would happen in that case?

It will still work fine.... Just use it up it is only for cleaning pre-sanitization... you are still going to sanitize after you use it

Back