Anyone have a Kuhnhenn Dripa AG recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOGAN

Reaction score
I have searched high and low but could not find one.They may offer it at their brew shop but I would prefer not to buy grains from a bin with an inch of dust on top.Love the Brewery but not the shop.

Bret Kuhnhenn said. “It’s a cereal decoction mash, which is kind of like doing two mashes and blending them together, so it takes a lot longer.” DRIPA is a delicious and strong IPA. The addition of rice makes it crisp, and the 80 pounds of dry hops that are added to the 40-barrel fermenter (a four-hop variety including Citra)

Found this in a craft beer article awhile back.I may try brewing a few 1 gal batches before wasting the cash on a five or ten gallon batch.May have to do a little more research on a cereal decoction mash but i am always down to learn a new skill.

Any update on this? I haven't been able to find anything on here or elsewhere on a DRIPA recipe

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

I have done two experimental batches but nothing close.Made one batch without a decoction and one without.My current thought for next time is changing up yeast as I used wlp001 for both.Have all of my better bottles tied up right now so experiment 3 will have to wait.

They were selling kits for awhile at Brewing world but i could not justify the price of two all grain brews for one kit.

Round 2.....

I've been talking with them at the shop quite a bit lately, the guy was just in last week and made another round of the kits, so I grabbed a DRIPA fresh from the mill. I brewed it on tuesday and it is going pretty insane right now for me. Hit all of the readings dead on and the fermentation is smooth and steady. Really looking forward to the finished product.

I will say that it is the US-05 yeast as I was told by them that is the exact yeast they used, 90 second Oxygen before pitching were the facts I was able to extract (!).

I'd be willing to pitch in on buying a kit if anyone is a sleuth at decoding the grain/hop/special ingredients included in the kit. Although I don't mind paying to support local and drink local (as in to keep buying kits when I want it).

That rice flour flour does murder though on my re-circulation pump, all good after a nice cleansing though.

Damn thats some timing you got. Every time I'v gone to that store they were sold out and I have been really hoping to get one soon. Would you mind messaging me the instructions that came with the kit?

Kind of surprised no one locally has posted the recipe anywhere.

Damn thats some timing you got. Every time I'v gone to that store they were sold out and I have been really hoping to get one soon. Would you mind messaging me the instructions that came with the kit?

Kind of surprised no one locally has posted the recipe anywhere.

I plan on going over there on Sunday and picking up another kit, so I'll get that over then.

Keep in mind the instructions are just that. All of the grains and everything are just in ziplock bags and blended together.

Back