Anyone gotten the 40% off at HomeBrewSupply.com to work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m_c_zero

Reaction score
They are advertising a 40% off code TAKE40 storewide but I can't get it to work on anything. It keeps telling me I must be logged in and if I am logged in than the code is invalid for my product...

No go here either, even on items I've used coupon codes on before this one doesn't work.

I tried multiple items and it wouldn't work.

I was super surprised that it does work on the Blichmann Hop Rocket.

Just pricing stuff though. I don't need to be buying any more crap right now. :ban:

Worked for me on everything I wanted (which was yeast and a few small items). Better question is any1 who ordered for that sale got their stuff yet? It's going on 7 business days and still no shipping emal.

The code doesn't work on everything. I got an email from them before the sale went up and it mentions that exclusions apply. It didn't mention specifically what items were excluded but it did say if the item was drop shipped, it wasn't eligible.

It doesn't work on hard items / certain brands (like SSbrewtech) but I bought a beer kit and 40% worked no problem.

I couldn't get the 40% code to work so decided to use Northern Brewers $.99 flat rate shipping deal instead :mug:

Saved $7 on a $48 order.

Still waiting on my shipping conformation email. I ordered on July 3rd. It's getting a bit ridiculous going on 9+ business days and nothing I have got stuff shipped quicker from China.

I have loved this place but I fear they're going down. They used to ship FAST. Now? Takes them a long time and many ingredients, etc are sold out. :-(.

I sure hope not. They are not my LBS but are in the general vicinity. I bought 8oz of hops and the code worked.

You only bought 8 x 1 oz of hops at 40% off?
What was your shipping charge?

I had a few items in my cart, but the shipping was killing the deal for me (I'm in Maryland). The more so when 2 major items suddenly showed "out of stock."

I had placed an order, it went through just fine, but the shipping is full price, they couldn't get it out in a weeks time so I said cancel. "We are so busy from our sale" is no excuse to not get orders out in a reasonable amount of time. Sorry, not sorry.

Meh. Patience works for me, I'll wait.

I also am into firearms and during holiday sales and when political issues occur ship times can go from a few days to several weeks. These are small businesses with limited staff, not amazon.

If you need your stuff so quickly you wouldn't be waiting for a sale anyways.

You only bought 8 x 1 oz of hops at 40% off?
What was your shipping charge?

I had a few items in my cart, but the shipping was killing the deal for me (I'm in Maryland). The more so when 2 major items suddenly showed "out of stock."

$6 USPS priority mail. Theyre a little over 100 miles away. Came out to $2 an ounce total. 3 types of hops 2 of which ive never used before so I dont want a bunch of it.

Placed an order for a recipe kit that I love from them (brewed many times). It took a week and a half to get to me - I can live with that. I paid for liquid yeast (hoped it would arrive cold - but after 9 days...) since they used to get it to me in 2-3 days.

So much for those concerns. Order had no yeast whatsoever. Or packing list, etc. Just grain and hops. I know mistakes happen - I e-mailed them and haven't heard back.

So sad - this was my go-to spot for online HB supplies!!

Took about 14 days to get my stuff. Yeast was warm even with the ice pack. They were out of a few things , but did get refund for it. Probably won't order again. They were nice in email though.

Took a week and a half to arrive, but got my stuff -- three recipe kits (which were all shipped loosed, so it was a little puzzle figuring out what went with what), bottling bucket, a couple packs of dry yeast, and a bunch of dried extract. Saved a lot of money with the 40% off.

$6 USPS priority mail. Theyre a little over 100 miles away. Came out to $2 an ounce total. 3 types of hops 2 of which ive never used before so I dont want a bunch of it.

I guess that's fairly fair.

But if I'm paying $2 an ounce, I want this year's Galaxy or Nelson Sauvin (by the pound)!

They did apologize and credit me for not packing the yeast. At least they made it right!

Latest posts

Back