Anyone got any wet hopping done?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertRGeorge

Reaction score
I've brewed a Northwest Pale ale with fresh picked homegrown Nugget, Willamette and Fuggle. I added 10 grams every 5 minutes during a 60 minute boil with the final addition at flameout. I plan to dry hop with Simcoe and Citra.

Youse?

I brewed a Pale Ale with my Half Acre Daisy Cutter Grain bill.
6 oz wet cascade FWH
1 pound wet of Zues, Cascade and Centennial were thrown in during the last 10 min, with a big flame out charge.

I am going to keg hop with 1 ounce each of freshly dried Zues, Cascade and Centennial.

It is currently one week old in the fermentor. I cant wait to try this one. It is my first wet hopped homebrew.

Interesting to know how this works out because common wisdom says use 5 times the hops by weight, wet versus dry, but I weighed 3 samples of both and found that dry weighed 45% of wet. My hops were also incredibly sticky, oily, resiny, and after bagging them I could have scraped my hands off and made hop hash. If I was into that kind of thing.

Back