Anyone ever have a toe removed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is the Big toe doing! Just checking on you?

Thanks for checking on me! It's been really good lately. Hasn't bothered me much at all.

I was trimming trees and such this weekend and felt the toe "click". Instantly hurt. I limped for a while, but it got better and the next day it was fine. I thought I was in for a bad day, but no.

After dishing out over $600 cash (!), I'm getting a custom orthotic gizmo. I'll insert it in my running shoes (I run on Hoka One Ones) and give it a try. IMO, giant waste of money, but we'll see. In$ert for my shoes arrives in a week.

I'm suppressing my disappointment (ok, anger) here. Doc really doesn't want to take this to the next level. I feel like I'm the only one who knows what needs to be done here. He say's a lot can go wrong with the surgery, which I believe.

I keep the loppers sharp on the grinder. They'll lop off a 1# limb like a knife through butter. I know I sound like a crazy guy when I say I'll cut the toe off, and it sounds crazy to me at this moment, but when the sucker is throbbing all night, the crazy idea sounds pretty sane to me. I really won't do that of course (?), but if I start running and the sucker pains me as it has, I'll be getting something done to it, and soon.

BqrBujACYAEOe7s.jpg:large

You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me.... Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish.

wait... what? it's classic.

Yeah, I know. I've probably seen a few minutes once a long time ago. I keep seeing references to it. I'm sure I'd love it. Just never got around to watching. I need to tie a string around my finger or something. Maybe this weekend. I'm currently hooked on Trailer Park Boys for my evening bedtime viewing pleasure.

Yeah, I know. I've probably seen a few minutes once a long time ago. I keep seeing references to it. I'm sure I'd love it. Just never got around to watching. I need to tie a string around my finger or something. Maybe this weekend. I'm currently hooked on Trailer Park Boys for my evening bedtime viewing pleasure.

It's okay, after all the Dude can wait it out...the Dude abides.

OMG. This morning at 0015, there was a show called "Tim and Eric's Bedtime Stories" with the episode titled "Toes" on adult swim (cartoon network?)

Find it, download it, youtube it, set your dvr for the next showing, OMG... O...M...G...

ByZNIPlCIAACYX3.jpg

If you do cut it off, check out lifegem.com. I'm sure your wife would appreciate a diamond made from your cremated big toe. At least it would look better than a toe necklace. Think of the family heirloom you could have. :rockin:

Anyone else find the concept of this website slightly unnerving. I just read through the FAQs section and questions such as "how many diamonds can be made from one individual?" And "Are you planning on making diamonds from the hair of other celebrities too?" are giving me the creeps...
If you do cut it off, check out lifegem.com. I'm sure your wife would appreciate a diamond made from your cremated big toe. At least it would look better than a toe necklace. Think of the family heirloom you could have. :rockin:

Anyone else find the concept of this website slightly unnerving. I just read through the FAQs section and questions such as "how many diamonds can be made from one individual?" And "Are you planning on making diamonds from the hair of other celebrities too?" are giving me the creeps...

Haha. That's pretty cool, and at the same time macabre. This thread took a turn, not sure how to classify our new direction though.

Haha. That's pretty cool, and at the same time macabre. This thread took a turn, not sure how to classify our new direction though.

Successful Hijack of the "should I get my toe removed?" thread is a go. One more off my bucket list. ; )

De beers says diamonds are forever. Toes apparently are not.

I am now kind of curious how big a diamond they could make out of a big toe.

Get struck by lightning, your toe may be burned. But your diamond might be gone, oxidized into CO2. How's that for forever? :D

De beers says diamonds are forever. Toes apparently are not.

I am now kind of curious how big a diamond they could make out of a big toe.

I went into that place and was severely let down. no IPas. no Porters, Pales, Stouts, Saisons, Dunkel, Gose, or Cream Ale. and not a single Bock to save your life. false floccin' advertising.

"It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again"

The faq does read like something the modern version of Bill The Butcher would be interested in.

My sister had to get some "special" inserts. $300 bucks later....at least her wallet was lighter.

At least your feet aren't growing, I knew kids that had to have a new pair every time they got bigger shoes.

How are the Orthodics?

Thanks for asking. Useless. I've worn them during different activities around the house and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Funny, was being an idiot a couple of months ago and shooting a basketball lefthanded (which I do pretty well). Ended up with some pain in my left shoulder that has persisted since then. Probably bursitis. I had a dream last night that I had my shoulder removed. Weird, I know.

I'm resigned to live with little annoying pains from now until the end. I have four taps, I'll find a way.

Latest posts

Back