Anyone else like beer floats?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnagel

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just had a beer float with chocolate ice cream and a homebrewed chocolate stout. So good!! Anyone else like beer floats?

AbezATl.jpg

uysX4nC.jpg

Interesting reaction. Most people either say it sounds great or disgusting. But never laughing...

Truth, I can't decide if it sounds good or not right now. And, I'm drinking a homebrew stout at this moment! I should just go grab a scoop of ice cream and find out, but I gotta say that I don't fancy mixing those two things.

I did make salsa with hops once (willamette). That was a disaster. Looked good on paper though.

Our local microbrewery brew pub offers a stout float (vanilla), and a Belgian White with orange sherbet............... I've never seen anybody order either one.......

H.W.

1st and only one I had was at Kolher Days back in Wisconsin had a Milk Stout with fresh vanilla frozen custard. It was good just not a fan of sweets and beer together.

I made beer floats once with a stout, it was a long time ago. I think I may have read about it in a beer book by Michael Jackson (RIP). They were alright, but not fantastic. It's easy to see that it might work better with different stouts though.

Hmm, maybe that Rogue chocolate pretzel raspberry thing...

Beer floats are incredible. So yummy. I even got my mom to try one with a Russian imperial stout. She couldn't believe how well it went with vanilla bean ice cream. It is a great thing that many people turn down before they even try it!

Latest posts

Back