Anyone build a LP/NG control panel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30Bones

Reaction score
I was dead set on going electric with BobbyM's TC element kits (so I can still brew with gas if I decide to transport) and an ebrew supply panel.

Now I am leaning to plumbing NG to my garage and adding one or two of the furnace valves I have to the HLT, or both the HLT and MT. I run a Brutus 10 knock off, two pumps, keggles, etc. Plan right now is to run a CFC as my herms coil as a few in my club have went this route and like it a lot. Plus it's a double use item.

Anyway, I am no electronics guru and want to buy a built panel, but have not found one that is built for gas brewers.

What is the difference for gas brewers? I think you a 24VAC power supply and a transformer. Your panel could also run on 120V and about 15A.

Let me look around and see, I think I saw some you could easily modify on ebrewsupply.com

What is the difference for gas brewers? I think you a 24VAC power supply and a transformer. Your panel could also run on 120V and about 15A.

Let me look around and see, I think I saw some you could easily modify on ebrewsupply.com
Thanks, hope you find more than I have. Not thinking it would be a lot different than electric, but certainly a lot cheaper since I have some of the parts already. 2 Noble Dogs has a pretty clear wirteup and diagram I think I could wire myself. I'm just not that great with it is all.

Thanks, hope you find more than I have. Not thinking it would be a lot different than electric, but certainly a lot cheaper since I have some of the parts already. 2 Noble Dogs has a pretty clear wirteup and diagram I think I could wire myself. I'm just not that great with it is all.

There is some good info over in the PJ Wiring Diagrams threads on how to wire most everything. If you need any help feel free to shoot me a PM.

Nice thread. I have a brutus 10 clone and am ready to automate now. Was looking for something as simple as possible. I'm a lineman but these small wiring projects drive me crazy

I may be changing my thought process after seeing a club members setup last weekend.

Cliff notes
immersion chiller as his HERMS coil
110V water heater element in the HLT controlled with a Johnson A419 in a thermowell

It takes a while to heat, but once there it held temp fine for a 90 minute mash at 152 and slowly ramped to 168 for a 60 minute fly sparge

It al depends on $$$$ and how hands on you want to be.. Some people love making beer like making soup on a stove, others like hands free. Start with a nice base and give yourself room to grow

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back