Anyone brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vex3521

Reaction score
We're sitting at 949 (unless I missed new posts) from the "How Many Gallons" thread so it had me curious. We've got exactly 21 days left to Jan 1st (at least in my neck of the woods) so it's already 20 days to go on the other side of the world!

I won't be until I start bottling (which stinks) but I'm at an impasse where one of us thinks 5 gallons (4 types) in stages from primary, secondary and waiting to clear so I can bottle is "A Lot" and the other thinks it's good lol. Wagers on which one's me hehe. So I'm behaving and just holding until the New Year. Working on label designs so it's nice to use my degree for something in the meanwhile.

What's everyone else planning?

I have a gallon of JAO BOMM fermenting that should be at 1/3 sugar break this weekend. Need to keep tabs on that, but I don't think it'll be ready by Christmas. Will probably start a cyser after Christmas, using one of the ciders I have in secondary as a starting point. If I get to that before Jan 1 I'll be sure to add it to the tally.

I very likely might be making 5 gallons of either plain old mead, or a melomel of some sort - have some organic preservative-(other than ascorbic acid)-free cherry juice and cranberry juice, frozen cherries, frozen cranberries, and frozen raspberries....may toss 'em all in :) I work 12 hour night-shifta, am off Fri/Sat/Sunday nights, so.....might even make 2 batches if I bottle (one fermenting bucket is tied up as a bottling bucket until I get a new spigot for the bottling bucket - went to bottle last week and the spigot was somehow broken off......strange...

I very likely might be making 5 gallons of either plain old mead, or a melomel of some sort - have some organic preservative-(other than ascorbic acid)-free cherry juice and cranberry juice, frozen cherries, frozen cranberries, and frozen raspberries....may toss 'em all in :) I work 12 hour night-shifta, am off Fri/Sat/Sunday nights, so.....might even make 2 batches if I bottle (one fermenting bucket is tied up as a bottling bucket until I get a new spigot for the bottling bucket - went to bottle last week and the spigot was somehow broken off......strange...

Losing the spigot does stink! Hope you get it fixed soon.

2 gallons bochet, back to brewing after a long harvest season. Brew whenever time allows around here.
Including the above mentioned JAO BOMM and my Bochet that's up to 951 I believe.

I might brew a traditional mead next weekend. Probably a five gallon batch. I need to rack my current tangelo mead to the five gallon carboy for final aging.

2 gallons bochet, back to brewing after a long harvest season. Brew whenever time allows around here.
Including the above mentioned JAO BOMM and my Bochet that's up to 951 I believe.

I might brew a traditional mead next weekend. Probably a five gallon batch. I need to rack my current tangelo mead to the five gallon carboy for final aging.

Plan on starting 20 gallons before the end of the year just need to free up some carboys

Don't forget to add them into the How Many Gallons thread when we do start up everyone! I think we've got a good chance of breaking the 1k mark and maybe can beat last year's numbers in 2016. I'm out of carboys otherwise I might sneak in another batch

Doesn't want to let me access the page. I've got the 2 bochet and 1 cyser.

Back