Anybody have a Great Divide Samurai clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerberbb

Reaction score
Anybody have a Great Divide Samurai clone? Can't seem to find one anywhere, and have never used rice with the exception of hulls. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!:mug:

I've seen rice syrup solids at the LHBS. That would be the easiest way to get rice in there. Do a search of the forums for using uncle ben's instant rice in the mash.

Great Divide is pretty secretive about their recipes. I've asked for a couple recipes from a few different employees and have gotten stonewalled. With an adjunct like rice, I would use 5-20%. If using rice syrup, add to the boil. If using instant rice I'd add 1/2-1lbs of rice hulls for the sparge.

If I had to guess, I'd say probably 85% base grain, 10-5% rice, 0-5% specialty grain. Maybe Carapils. Or do a higher mash temp, maybe 154? Their beers seem to me to have a lot of body. I would hop with a similar BU:GU ratio as a wheat, so .33-ish. 15-20 IBUs

Back