Any reason I shouldn't pick up this regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakk

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm finally getting into kegging (yay!) and I need a regulator.... And I'm really trying to not spend 80-100$ on a new one. I've got an idea of what I'm looking for, but there's a few things i don't know... Like, what psi range do I want on the output side? I can't find regulators that have less than 60-80 on the high end, but would I ever even need to go that high? Are there any regulators that go from 0-30 that would have the ability to "finer tune" my pressure than a regulator that goes from 0-120?

Regardless, this popped up on craigslist the other day, and I'm set up to buy it, but I wanted anyone's opinion (and maybe some answers to the above questions?) on whether I should be looking for anything specific, things to look for that would make it a bad deal... Etc!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tls/4579981333.html

Much obliged guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

From the picture it looks decent. If you can take your co2 and perhaps an empty keg to make sure it works and doesnt leak.

Back