Any Read: Brewing Up A Buisness???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianTheBrewer

Reaction score
Book is amazing. Its by Sam Calagione, the owner and founder of Dogfish Head.

Its all about how he got the brewery/company going. How he started as a home brewer then opened up a brewpub and had no money and then started bottling his beer and selling it.

Read this book if you are anyone out there thinking of opening a brewpub/brewery.

:mug:

never heard of it, but it does sound interesting. Especially when its someone that you actually heard of & have somewhat of an interest in the subject...gotta look for it. thanks.

I read that book. It was absolutely excellent. It gave great insight into the world of microbrewing from a guy that seemed very down to earth. It's a great read for anyone who's interested in starting a small business not just a brewery. I also read "Beer School" by the guys at the brooklyn brewery. IMHO i did not think that book was nearly as good. Sam Caligione did a great job with "Brewing Up A Business". Interesting read with a bunch of funny anecdotes from his own experience. I would definitely recomend this book to anyone.:mug:

I started to read it, but couldn't finish it. Same for my SWMBO. Calagionle or what ever his name is did start a good brewery, but Jesus Christ he ain't.

Back