Any new beers reaching AL?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backporchbrewery

Reaction score
As I understand AL now allows higher ABV beers, but have the distributors started putting those out yet? I used to hit up J. Clyde in B'ham, and purchase some bottles from Vulcan Bev. I'm just across the state line in MS and it'd be nice to have just a short distance to get some better beers. Is anyone in Tuscaloosa or Birmingham selling the higher alcohol beers yet? I know Sweetwater distributes in B'ham, but it'd be nice if you could get some of the Happy Ending (9%) or Dank Tank beers now.

best place I have found is Vulcan Beverage which still isn't that great. He has a good bit of high ABV stuff. i dont remember Happy Ending or Dank Tank being there. this is what i can remember:

(keep in mind this means only 12oz stuff)

1) Lots of Belgians (chimay, etc)
2) Sweetwater
3) Rogue
4) North Coast
5) Terrapin
6) Samuel Smith
7) Some of the harder to find Sierra Nevada
8) Great Divide

NO DFH, Stone, or New Belgium... there are many more but i don't remember. oh and does he stare you guys down when you're in there too? his eyes burn a hole in the back of my head when i'm looking through all the beers.

NO DFH, Stone, or New Belgium... there are many more but i don't remember. oh and does he stare you guys down when you're in there too? his eyes burn a hole in the back of my head when i'm looking through all the beers.

Do you want any pickled garlic???

You might want to try the western in Mountain Brook. They started off by having a huge wine selection and have a pretty good beer selection. Their address is 2717 Culver Road Birmingham, AL 35223, phone number is 205-879-1746.

+1 on Vulcan beverage though.

Back