Any experience with this burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeardedIdiot

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting an outdoor burner. I had pretty much settled on the Williams Brewing Hurricane burner, because of its ability to run off both propane and natural gas.

I just found this burner today:
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/bac...g-Equipment&utm_campaign=Restaurant-Equipment

It is just over half the price of the williams brewing burner, but appears to be very similar. It is also the only burner on the backyard pro website that does NOT specify "liquid propane only".

Does anyone have any experience with this burner? Do you know if it can be converted to run on natural gas with a different orifice size? And if not, is it still a worthwhile propane burner?

Thanks in advance,
Conner

Not familiar with the burner, but I am interested in that model as well. Shipping bumps the price up to $85 for me.

Looks ok, might get one but i would move the burner up closer to where to pot sits.
It says it comes with a liquid propane regulator but you might be able to use the burner for other fuels

Oh, and in re to the NG conversion , you could probably resize the orifice yourself ( permanently ), but I doubt you'd get 210k BTUs. There are tables online that give you the sizing info.

I believe they are built by BC.. but, it's a no name. I was going to get the 39$ model which is 185,000 btus.. BUT, the shipping cost was a total rip off... I bowed off..

Yes, it's the same BG-14 casting that's also used for the banjo/hurricane/blichmann burners, just a different stand. And yes it can be converted to low pressure propane or natural gas relatively easily by replacing or drilling out the orifice. I have BG-14 burners in my brew stand, and like them a lot.

It does appear very similar to the BG-14, however, the end where the orifice attaches is different, the mounting point is on the bottom instead of multiple points around the edges, and there is a different number of holes in the face of the burner as well. I would think that using a different orifice (like the Williams Brewing one) would be fine for converting to NG, but according to their customer service contact, "it is not able to be converted to NG". So I don't know what to think now.

Latest posts

Back