Any downside for this as a keggle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magarnigel

Reaction score
So I was given a keg in this style: http://www.kegsmart.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=51
and I was wondering if there are any downsides to using this type of keg for hlt, mlt, and brew pot?
I realize the bulge in the center will cause a little problem interfering with the path of a sight glass, but is there other reasons why most people use the straight kegs? Thanks

I have seen ppl use these, No problems except the sight glass like you stated...My only other concern would be insulating it as a MT, and fitting it on my brewstand. Im sure there would be enough room, but the straight sighted kegs are preferred.

Thanks everyone. Looks like I will use it for my boil kettle and keep my eyes open for straight sided kegs.

Or your HLT, all depends on user preference. Weather you use site glasses, sticks, or pitchers to measure your water is up to you.

Back