Any deals on turkey fryers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxPower49

Reaction score
I've been on the lookout for a turkey fryer to move my brewing operation outdoors. I was hoping there might be some good deals on these after thanksgiving but I haven't found any yet. Anyone seen any good deals or know the best place to look?

Thanks.

I'm in the market for one also and was thinking the exact same thing. Craigslist is your best bet. A couple have popped up in my area but nothing that has made me bite yet. It might take people a few weeks to get to posting. Good luck.

I picked up a new one at Home Depot for around $50 plus you get a very large alum pot. I'd look at all the hardware stores. A lot of stores are having sales after T-day. Ace and Aubuchon's have had 10%-40% sale coupons on their sites. Nothing better than new.

Not a bad deal. I'm still gonna keep my eyes open on Craigslist because plenty of people use the fryer once for Thanksgiving and then get rid of them so they're practically new. My father bought a beautiful all-stainless setup with temperature control. Unfortunately, he is hanging on to his.:(

I would worry about a craigslist one, because food will have been cooked in it.

I picked one up at Ace Hardware for $50...they had it listed for $70, but I headed for the door saying I could get one elsewhere for cheaper and $20 melted right off the price :)

I remember seeing them for about $50 at Lowe's earlier in the yeat, but they went up as it got closer to Thanksgiving.

If you don't need the pot, I'd give +1 for craigslist. Or google to see if there's a recycling website for your area.

We have a ton of skinny-jean hippies in Minneapolis and have a twin cities free market website which is basically like the pay it forward thread on here.

My advice is to actually post a listing on craigslist that you're looking for a turkey fryer and just list that you want to pay like $10. Worst case you don't get a turkey fryer, best case you get sweet deal. Listings are free, at least in most cities.

I was in Target today and saw a 30 qt set up for $49. The pot was aluminum but looked like a good setup.

Back