Another wine question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwebb

Reaction score
OK I bottled Tame Blackberry in April. First bottles we served were smooth and some of the best I have ever made. I have some bottles left that have been stored in my wine fridge at 55 degrees. Took a bottle to a party last night. When I uncorked it and poured it, it is fizzy. Still taste great but is like a sparkeling wine now. It is like it is highly carbonated now. What the hell happened? This is the first batch that this has ever happened to.
Any advice or answers?

Sounds like the frmentation wasn't quite done yet when you bottled; if it were a degassing issue, the other bottles would have also been effected. Have you noticed any corks pushing out of the bottles? Or any of flavours with the carbonated bottles? You might want to get those bottles into the fridge, maybe your colder kitchen fridge to send that yeast into dormancy before your bottles start to explode.
Regards, GF.

No off taste. No blown corks. I will put them in the fridge for awhile and see if that helps. They still taste fine, they are just bubbly.

its just a degassing issue, pour it into a glass, take a straw and blow oxygen and swirl it for a bit...then drink it....the bubbly will go away....

Latest posts

Back