Another New Guy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abilor

518 Beeronaut
Reaction score
Greets! I am a new brewer, but I've taken to it like a duck to water. I've always been a beer nerd, and I've always liked cooking and flavors and what not, and I've even got a knack for tropical fish and water chemistry, so I guess it was just a matter of time. My brother got me a beginner's brew kit for Christmas and said in a hushed tone, "I expect great things out of you", and it's been my mandate to meditate on zymurgy since then.

I started out doing extract brewing, and have made about 5 batches of stuff: a brown ale, a Gumballhead clone, an orange wheat (with flavoring extract, just awful), a strawberry cream ale of my own design, and an imperial stout. I've got two all-grain brews under my belt now, a Bell's Two Heart clone, and a Wee Heavy I found and adjusted to add some more subtle smokiness.

Anyway, I have a grain crusher on the way, my all-grain setup, and all I can think about now is what I want to do next. The thing I love the most about this hobby is I don't have to look for the beer I want at the brew store anymore; now I just make it!! When I do shop for craft/micro/euro stuff now, it's much more of an academic study of the obscure, so the whole affair has just made me that much more of a beer snob.

Excited to be on a forum. I'm sure you'll see me around!

:rockin:

Back