Another new guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightstalker

Reaction score
Hey fellas ... First off great forum. I have been lingering around here for the past week or so and thought I should join. I consider myself a hophead and new to brewing even though I have personally brewed 4 batches and help with 3 others. Now if you really want to know I should only consider 1 out of the 4 that I did as brewing as 3 of those were the Mr. Beer kit. And many of you know what I am talking about. Cool way to see if you are going to like brewing but not that good of beer. Anyways I went a picked up a 5 gal. kit just the other day and already have the first batch 5 days in the primary. It is a partial (extract/grain) kit. In the near future I do plan on trying to go all grain as I have heard it is not near as hard as I have heard from some.

Anywho a little about me ... 33 yrs young, 2 kids, did some time in the Air Force crewing the B1 bomber. Now in the normal work force drinking some beer. (NOT that I didnt drink beer while I was in :drunk: LOL) If any of you know any good shops around the middle Tennessee area or have any must have advice for the new guy let me have it. And this is not a plug for this store but I got my stuff at AllSeasons in Nashville and they were very helpful. Thanks again guys .. I am all ears so pour on the knowledge. .. Oh and the name. It was the name of the plane I was on .... Nothing crazy .. you can let your kids and wife back out of the house now LOLOLOL.

Some of my favorite beers so far that I have had ... Green Flash West Coast IPA, Highland Thunderstone Coffee Porter, Bells Two Hearted, Sierra Nevada Torpedo and the good ole regular Pale Ale, Caldera Hopurtunity Knocks, Stone Ruination, Moylens Hopsickle (but just one a day LOLOL) Sam Smiths Oatmeal Stout, New Belgium Snow Day and Ranger ... OK this list could go on and on but yall get the point .. I like beer ;)

Welcome! As a hop-head, have you tried Oskar Blues' Gubna? Not sure if is stocked in TN.

Is that served in a can??? If so I think they have it at Flying Saucer. TN has some really stupid laws when it comes to alcohol. Not to mention the tax laws so we are unlucky when it comes to people distributing here. I will check it out when I get a chance.

Back