Another infection thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly765

Reaction score
Just worrying a little bit today. I brewed a 7% IPa 6 days ago w/ washed us 05 w/ starters (very typical for me with no problems). I'm still getting co2 bubbles every 3 seconds from my blowoff. Seems like i usually get a 2-3 day strong co2 blowoff then it slows way down by day 6. It still looks like it has a krausen layer on top and seems to smell fine....should i be worried? Thanks.

I would taste it when you take a sample. Doesn't seem out of the ordinary since yeast always seem to do its own thing. I've had plenty of brews with 05 take a while to clear up and late falling on the krausen. How many times has this yeast been re used?

I would taste it when you take a sample. Doesn't seem out of the ordinary since yeast always seem to do its own thing. I've had plenty of brews with 05 take a while to clear up and late falling on the krausen. How many times has this yeast been re used?

2nd generation......that's as far as i ever take it.

Just another comment. I brewed a pale ale on October 15th and checked the gravity at 2 weeks and since it was at the expected FG of 1.016, I dry hopped it. A couple days later is was bubbling away at a couple bubbles per second. Yesterday it was still bubbling every 20 to 30 seconds so I opened it to check the gravity and see if it was infected. The gravity was 1.002 and the beer tastes great, no sigh of infection. Yeast do what they do when they want to do it and your worrying won't change a thing.

Just worrying a little bit today. I brewed a 7% IPa 6 days ago w/ washed us 05 w/ starters (very typical for me with no problems). I'm still getting co2 bubbles every 3 seconds from my blowoff. Seems like i usually get a 2-3 day strong co2 blowoff then it slows way down by day 6. It still looks like it has a krausen layer on top and seems to smell fine....should i be worried? Thanks.

Take a SG sample after a full two weeks of fermentation. Six days is typically way short of a finished fermentation. Sounds like the yeast are doing what they do. You and your yeast are just fine.

Take a SG sample after a full two weeks of fermentation. Six days is typically way short of a finished fermentation. Sounds like the yeast are doing what they do. You and your yeast are just fine.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm just worried because this fermentation seems to be out of the norm for me. I'll RDWHAHB!

If you infection or some problem like pain in body you should go to the Dr immediately. Its my thinking because i don't take any risk.

Back