Another hello from Wichita!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TromboneGuy

Reaction score
So, my girlfriend (ha, I almost typed "girlfiend") got me a Cooper's starter kit back in March. After trying out the stuff that came with the kit, I've done (all kits) a Belgian Wit, an Irish Red, and an Oktoberfest. The Oktoberfest is still in my basement waiting for, well, October.

I have the ingredients for a nice hefeweizen sitting in my pantry, but it's too bloody hot here to do a boil inside; it'll have to wait till I get a propane burner.

In the near future I'll probably spend the money on a nice big kettle so I can try some all-grain brewing. I'll also need to set up a temp-controlled rig to do some serious lagering, since I have a soft spot for dark lagers. :)

Oh believe me, I know. I've already pretty much stopped buying beer. :)

Co-Worker is getting into HBing. Last week I was telling him to start saving bottles. Telling him how to rinse them out immediately, I always pour my beer in a glass, yada, yada. Today he tells me that he is converting his refrigerator to a kegerator, wants to buy the two to three hundred dollar brewing kit. He hasn't even seen anyone brew a batch yet.:confused:

Back