(another) free brewing calculator :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erockomania

Reaction score
Dahk Brewing Calc 2.0.1.xlsx

Hi guys, this is my latest excel sheet. I guess it's not doing it any justice to call it a brew calc as it's more of a planner.

I have all the stuff I normally use when brewing on here. It has your typical stuff like IBUs, ABV, SRM, etc... but it also has a batch size calc (upscale and downsize your batches based on your original recipe), evaporation rate calc, strike water calc, malt extract calcs, drop down menus for all hops and grain varieties, auto-filling stats, and other useful things. I use it for every all grain or extract batch I do and my numbers usually jibe pretty well. I figured some of you might get some use out of it as well. Most formulas and info are from either the Wiki here on site or Designing Great Beers.

1496mjb.jpg

9tofp3.jpg

No problem! I know it can be a pain dealing with some of the free options out there, but I end up putting these on there anyway so I can access them when I'm not at my PC, I figure I may as well share! If there are other small tools, etc anyone wants hosted, let me know. I don't get much traffic so I have plenty of bandwidth and storage at the moment. Eventually I'd like to organize them, but for now I'll likely just put them into the "useful" directory. Cheers!

All the fields are protected...I can't enter anything and the sheet is password protected so I can't "unprotect"

The the black fields (autocalc'd) are protected because they contain formulas. All the grey fields are the fields you should be entering the info. The way I suggest filling it out is from from the top down (grain amounts, hop amounts, select grains(drop down menu), select hops(drop down menu), select yeast(drop down menu), type assumed brewhouse efficiency, assumed FG) and then everything will be calculated for you. :)

Let me know if that doesn't work. PM me if you want the password.

I like it and would like to use it but when I try to change the type of grain or hop, the drop down menu appears but won't let me select a different choice. It just pops up the password error.

Hmm. Try clicking on the far right of those fields. A drip down icon should appear. The cells are locked as to not screw up the drop down but the drop down should still be available. If not, let me know and I'll save a new version with those cells unprotected to avoid confusion. Sorry!

And thanks again, worstbrewing!

I tried again but same thing. Do you want to PM me the password so I can unlock it?

It does let me select it but won't allow it to change.

:mug:

I suppose there must be some weirdness between versions and OSs so I'll just post the password for all, here....

pass: dahk

*Please beware that if you type in any fields that are currently protected, you may erase the formulas and things won't calculate as they should...
:mug:

Hey erockomania, looks like a nice spreadsheet you have made. Got one suggestion for the next release, dont hide all the stuff from rows 102-331 - it's all good info that could be helpful when making recipes (what the grains contribute to the final beer), etc.

Cheers :mug:

Yea, I was going to try and figure a way to get them into the spreadsheet. I hid it because if any of it's moved improperly, it'll screw up the spreadsheet drop downs.:cross:

Yea, I was going to try and figure a way to get them into the spreadsheet. I hid it because if any of it's moved improperly, it'll screw up the spreadsheet drop downs.:cross:

Maybe move all the "vital" info to another sheet and protect that sheet from anyone meddling with it ;)

Just downloaded this and will play around with it over the weekend. It looks very promising. Thanks for taking the time to put this together! Have a (homemade)beer on me!

Back