Another CO2 leak question - pressure rising

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boo-urns

Reaction score
I have the dual regulator for my 2 kegs. I've had one keg carb'd for about 3-4 weeks just fine, no loss in co2. I hooked my other keg up the other day all seems good. Then after a few days I started noticing my co2 amount I have left dropping. So clearly I have a leak somewhere.

My question is, why would my keg that has been carb'd for weeks pressure rise? It's rose almost 10psi in the course of a day.

How do you know the pressure in the keg increased?

Mine has a one-way valve in each line going to a keg.

I should say the psi is reading higher on the keg that has been sitting for weeks (carb'd / hooked up / not touched)

I had a similar issue recently, the pressure on my regulator started creeping up. It would up being the cartridge inside the regulator. Apparantly they go bad every now and then. I called up Keg Connection about it, they knew what it was right off the bat and sent me a replacement cartridge at no charge, even though my regulator was almost a year old.

Back