Another Air in Beverage Lines Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troglodytes

Reaction score
I've seen lots of posts before on air in people beverage lines, and I'm having the same issue. I have ever since I built the keezer with varying levels of carbonation and serving pressure.

Some details I have two kegs, one for sours/saisons with a 14' line and my regular keg with a 10' line. Beverage lines are 3/16ID Accuflex Bev-Seal. I have read that this line has little resistance and requires linger runs to balance. So I ran the line with the traditional keg at 10-12PSI and sours/saisons at 14PSI. However, I don't have a dual regulator yet so the system is just set to 11PSI and the saison is a little less carbed than desired for now; the keezer is running at 38F. Both kegs have the same amount of CO2 coming out of suspension in the lines. Both brews were carbed over time at serving pressure (so not force carbed into being overcarbed).

O rings were replaced two batches ago and did not solve the problem.

The only thing I can think of is the CO2 coming out of suspension in the lines due to temp increase (but the lines are coiled on the side of the keg itself and would be within a degree or two of keg temp). I've also heard that having the lines below the top of the keg could result in air in the lines, which mine are currently. Between the two, the temp seems the most likely culprit, but I'm not sure how to fix when I'm not running the lines through any uninsulated space. Also if there's anything I'm not thinking, I'm open to any suggestion.

Thanks in advance

Do you have a fan inside of the keezer to help move air around? The temperature from the top of the keezer to the bottom of the keezer can vary by several degrees, and a fan will help stabilize it.

I do not have a fan, but I have some spare computer fans so I could add one. The bev line right now is coiled around the keg and goes more than halfway down the keezer and back up again, so my assumption was that it should be the same temp as the keg itself.

Last edited:
when you say you replaced the o-rings...did you replace the little ones on the dip tube?

and i'd imagine someone more knowledgeable then me, would ask what kind of taps you're using?

I did, I change all rings on both kegs. Now, one of them could have kinked when tightening the poppit, but for that to happen on both kegs every time, seem improbable.

I actually don't know what the tap types are, I bought them used off a preexisting setup and they are not Perlick, my guess is that they are the generic ones you see on AiH. They are all connected by the John Guess push fittings and are nice and tight.

Back