Anheiser-Busch Tour?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went on the tour maybe 6-7 years ago, long before I was a home brewer. I remember being impressed at the sheer size and the level of technology in the place. You have to remember that it's a very structured tour designed by a very large corporation but it was still fun and I'd suggest checking it out.

It's also worth noting that the Budweiser at the brewery is actually rather good, probably because it's about as fresh as you're going to get.

Sure. The buildings are cool. The museum is kind of interesting. The size of the place is pretty impressive. It only takes about an hour. That said, if you want to see the brewing process or are expecting a particularly entertaining tour, its kind of average. AB is a huge commercialized company, and their tours are very standardized and regimented. They run about every 15 minutes and they are all exactly the same.

One piece of advice...get there early. The tours are free, but they are at scheduled times and you need a ticket. The best thing to do is to go there early and get your ticket for a later tour and come back.

You do get 2 free beers and all the soda and pretzels you want.

I think any beer tour is worth the small amount of time invested. While you are in STL, also see about visiting Schlafly and O'Fallon breweries, which I believe are nearby.

Yeah definitively! They must have a really cool set up! I wonder though, if they talk at all about the fact that it is now a Belgian-Brazilian company in their history...

I was there not to long ago and I would say it is worth it. I also did the paid tour which is $25 and you have to schedule it ahead of time. You get to see more than the free tour, get to sample strait from the aging tanks and hang out after in a special room. I had a good time, but remember it is a lot of propaganda for AB which is to be expected. I'd say go for the paid tour, but that is just my experience.

As long as I've lived in STL, I've never been to AB. Schlafly and Ofallon are cool though. Ofallon is smaller, but we actually hold our club meetings there. Tonight is actually the Feb meet, so if you make it out tonight, shoot me a PM if you'd like to go.

I just saw the brewery on an Ultimate Factories episode on the National Geographic channel and the place looks impressive. I would definately give it a try.

I just went on the Jacksonville AB tour, its interesting but rather generic as you see the rooms through glass and just get a quick walk through of the facility. I second the idea of the $25 "beermaster" tour. Its more in depth and they take you into each room. Its interesting to see everything on such a large scale.

I haven't had a chance to do the tour myself but I did work a catering there for Southwest a couple years ago and just the size of everything is something to take in; the place is enormous. The Clydesdale horses are awesome as well, that's where Busch beer comes from ;)

As mentioned above, if you have time, dinner and drinks at the Schlafly Tap Room is always a good time; lot's to sample: click here

Latest posts

Back