Amount of hops for dry hop, and opinion on which varieties

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zgreenside

Reaction score
Currently fermenting a NEIPA, which despite my dislike of standard West Coast IPA's, has really pulled me in.

I'm looking for help determining how much of each hop to use for my dry hop, and which ones to use.

My hop schedule was:

1.50 oz Warrior [15.60 %] - Boil 20.0 min Hop 6 39.5 IBUs

1.75 oz Citra [12.30 %] - Boil 5.0 min Hop 7 12.0 IBUs

1.00 oz Exp Tangerine [6.50 %] - Boil 5.0 min Hop 8 3.6 IBUs

0.25 oz Cascade [12.30 %] - Boil 5.0 min Hop 9 1.6 IBUs

1.00 oz Citra [12.30 %] - Boil 0.0 min Hop 10 0.0 IBUs

1.00 oz Mosaic (HBC 369) [24.10 %] - Boil 0.0 min Hop 11 0.0 IBUs

The cascade was really just a left over, and I felt kind of silly hanging on to just a .25oz remnant when I have a 1lb bag sitting in the freezer waiting to get opened.

As of right now I was thinking 2oz of Citra, and 2oz of Mosiac to dry hop, but I would love to incorporate more of the Exp Tangerine as well. I did a similar recipe before, I used .7oz of cryo citra, and .8oz of cryo mosiac for 4 days, and it simply was not enough aroma, IMO.

I have plenty of all of the above hops, as well as 2oz Exp Stonefruit, 1oz Azaaca, and 1oz Centennial.

I am planning on dry hopping for 3 days this time (I'm on a bit of a time crunch), so I'm looking to see what you would do if you were to dry hop it.

Thanks!

Back