American IPA with Lilikoi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerry D

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I tried the American IPA with Lilikoi recipe from the Five Awesome Beginner Recipes for BIAB post. Everything went according to plan until I added the passion fruit concentrate. After 5 days primary fermentation I added the concentrate and there hasn't been any drop in SG since the addition. I used the same brand mentioned in the recipe. I know it has preservatives in it but people said they had used it with success. It is supposed to ferment out to 1.006 FG but has been stuck on 1.016 since adding the concentrate. What can I do to get it to ferment out?

Ignoring the idea that a "American IPA with Lilikoi" does not really sound like a beginner recipe...

What temp did you mash at? I see a note on the thread calling for a 148F mash temp, which is pretty low and would help with a lower FG. I assume you used the 2 lbs of Dextrose called for. What was your OG? Are you measuring your FG with a hydrometer?

For reference, I found the article here: Five Awesome Beginner Recipes for BIAB

Apologies if I posted my question in the wrong place. I posted it here due to the name of the article from where the recipe is posted. No worries, Tilt got stuck on 1.016 but was actually 1.009 when I did a hydrometer reading. I was considering pitching some CBC-1 if it tasted sweet but it is dry so all good.

Apologies if I posted my question in the wrong place. I posted it here due to the name of the article from where the recipe is posted.
No, you posted in a fine forum. I was just questioning the title of the article as IPAs with fruit and Oatmeal stouts with coconut are not what I would consider "beginner" recipes. Glad your beer seems fine.

I was considering pitching some CBC-1 if it tasted sweet but it is dry so all good.
A yeast like CBC-1 is good at converting very simple sugars (like would be added for bottling conditioning) but it does not generally consume even modernly complex sugars. It would not be a good yeast to kick start a stuck fermentation as it is very likely that all the simple sugars have been consumed.

Back