Amazon "Prime Day" Book Deals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
They've got the Classic Beer Styles series, which is excellent. I've read the Scotch Ale one (excellent), Porter (pretty good), and Barleywine (also excellent) and will probably pick up the rest of the series at some point.

I strongly prefer paper books, and for me it's much nicer to have a physical volume to thumb through while waiting on the mash. But if you're digital, man, just go buy the entire series. ;)

They've got the Classic Beer Styles series, which is excellent. I've read the Scotch Ale one (excellent), Porter (pretty good), and Barleywine (also excellent) and will probably pick up the rest of the series at some point.

I strongly prefer paper books, and for me it's much nicer to have a physical volume to thumb through while waiting on the mash. But if you're digital, man, just go buy the entire series. ;)

Are you thinking of this series: Pale Ale Revised ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Here's a link to more from the series:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ssic+beer,digital-text,139&crid=37SXPJL2D9I40

There are two different editions, with books of slightly different dimensions. Some of the second edition books have had their text revised, but not all. I found the Scotch Ales book indispensible in developing my own recipe, and it's got an incredible amount of historical background (as well as historical recipes!) and was written by the late, great, Greg Noonan of Vermont Pub & Brewery fame.

Back